Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Survivor: Baumholder
Last summer, God put on my heart the desire to have a support group for wives with deployed soldiers. Little did I know, that He would ask me to run it. With the help of 2 other ladies, we started in December before our husbands deployed, with an attendance of 10 ladies. We are up to 26, and the ladies are still coming. When you walk into the room during a meeting, you can tell that God has hand picked each and everyone to be there. They are beautiful, smart, tired, strong, funny, lonely, and ever changing women. We pray, celebrate birthday & anniversaries, play games, and talk about the "stuff" that we are going through during this 15 month long deployment. I am humbled and honored to be amongst these ladies. God, you are so good! I will keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment